Sunday, April 8, 2012

Day Seventeen

Weds March 28th, 2012

Another 6:00 am episode of throwing up blood. I am tired. It seems like he starts to get better and then he's right back to being sick again. Every time it gets worst, his body stresses out more, he loses more blood, gets weaker. I don't really understand why there is not another solution. Why going in and cauterizing the ulcers isn't helping.

They took him back for another surgery around noon. This will be number four or five. I cant even remember now. We are getting desensitised to surgeries and the ICU.



I have some time to goof off and laugh in his bed before they take him back.There is a sweet couple with a newborn baby getting ready for surgery and I immediately feel guilty for being inconsiderate and loud.

 I sit in the waiting room for 45 mins before we hear he is done. They do nothing this time in his stomach even though there is a HUGE hematoma (pretty much a pocket of blood) in his stomach. They feel like it is healing and they don't want to make things worst. Im frustrated.

Kase comes out of the anesthesia OK, Because he has been losing so much blood, they have used something different to put him under and it is scary to watch him wake up, he is so drugged. His eyes roll back in his head, and wont focus on anything. They have him back in a diaper aka the hospital astronaut pants. He is not happy about being in those or being back in the PICU when he wakes up.

2 comments:

Me said...

Oh Kellie, I am so sorry to hear about this trial you guys are going through. I hope with all of my heart that Kase heals soon, and you can all get back to normal life. Love you tons,
Marie J. Owen

nancysadler_2 said...

My heart breaks for Kase. I totally get what he is going through, having been hospitalized more than 30 times, myself. I am praying for you all. Please keep updating your blog. I am very interested in how he is doing!
Love~ Nancy Sadler (Savannah's Mom)