Sunday, April 8, 2012

Day Fifteen

Monday March, 26th 2012

I woke up thinking about the antibiotic that Kase has been on since his first surgery on his appendix.  In my half awake thoughts I wondered if it was the culprit to all the ulcers. I spent all morning searching for rare side effects to Zyson and sure enough I found what I was looking for. 1.5 % of kids had bleeding ulcers. Rare yes, but so is Kases situation. I asked the Attending what she thought about taking him off of it and she thought it was worth a shot. She also said she would talk to the Drs about decreasing everything he is on. It seems ridiculous to pump him full of drugs, 3 are ones that are counteracting another drug for an infection they are not sure he has. I really like her, she seems better for Kases situation.


 He was given permission to take small sips of water, he overdid it and barfed it all up BUT it wasn't blood so that is better then nothing.

Me and Ash got to help with the cleaning of his Picc line today...the nurse had us wear masks for sanity reasons....I felt all official.

Kase also got up and walked for the first time in a week.

One of the worst parts about being in the ICU is seeing all the sick kids and worst off babies. Most are sicker then Kase and a lot of them don't have parents to sit with them. I have wanted to just sneak in and hold babies the whole time we have been here. :(

No comments: