Saturday, January 5, 2008

Long Time No Post....

How was everyones' Christmas break? Ours was soooo fabulous! I had almost 2 full weeks without work which was so, so nice. Oh course I didn't really rest like I thought I would. I spent the entire 2 weeks doing things with the kids, and doing projects of my own.

We had our annual Gingerbread Party right before Christmas and it was great! Like always we had a ton of people come and it made me wish I had just a little bit more room in our house for parties! I simplified (as much as I could) by finding the pre-made dough, and doing gingerbread people instead of elaborate houses. It was so much fun!

I edited all of my pictures from January-November 2007. Not only did I edit but I also scrapbooked with is amazing all in itself because I totally lacked motivation to use my creativeness. It took me a full week to finish over 45 pages! I have a scrapbook bulimia, it do it all at once until I can't possibly scrap anymore. That is how I am feeling...although it would be nice to finish my pages from DC....sigh. Here a couple of my favs....I added a slide show of my pages in the side bar----->
I read the first Twilight Book that everyone has been raving about. My friend Sum recommended it back in July but I finally had time to read it....i took me 2 days, couldn't put it down! Ohh I love it, I can't wait to read the next two! If you haven't read it...I highly recommend it!

We also built and finished a huge book shelf and armor' for Kase and Macie's room. We got in a huge fight about it, poor Justin is amazing at building things just from the little drawings I sketch, but he is terrible at the details. I on the other hand am a perfectionist, I like to stain, finish things, I like the finish work...guess I get that from my Dad. I expected him to be good at detail stuff too but it turns out he's not.


Our fight ended something like this...
"you said they looked like shit (which I totally did not) you finish them yourself!'~Justin


"FINE, I will!'~Me


That was that. I finished them myself and I think they will look fabulous!


I will post more pix when it is finished!


I finally got my Christmas Cards out for friends (sent over 100) and Clients (sent 185 out). That was nice to get done. That's a freakin butt load of cards, stamps and work! Hopefully everyone got one that wanted one. If I missed anyone it was not on purpose! :) I still a few hanging around if I missed ya!

9 comments:

Tori said...

I want a card! :)

austin and cherisse said...

holy crap I dont know how you do it, I cant find time to scrapbook anything. We need to have a weekend in vegas just us and get our scrapbooking done!

Meegan said...

Uhm, the twilight books, I was addicted from the first book. I can't wait for the movie. I'm like some crazed high schooler!!!
:)
loved the update! I was going through kellie news withdrawals!
~Love ya
Meegan

JC Photography said...

It's about time chicka! I was missing you (your updates) something fierce! Sheesh!

Summer said...

I am so glad you finally read the books, you should go to her website, there are even more stories and things she took out of her book! It's fun!
Also...I finally started my blog! Check it out...
thecrookedcurve.blogspot.com
Glad you had a good holiday! Oh, can I like follow you for a day so I can see how you get so much done?
Love and miss you!

Miranda Renner Photography said...

What a busy girl you have been!! The kids look like they were spoiled! Send me an extra card!
m

Angee Leishman said...

I LOVE your scrapbook pages. Are they digital? They look professional. I'm jealous!! Just remember me if you ever teach and class on photoshop. I want to know your secrets....hee hee

Unknown said...

It seems that you may have posting bulimia also! Thanks for catching us up.

Lyndi Dunlavy said...

Your family is so adorable!! I can't believe how much personality I can see in Macie's pictures. She's a doll, just like her mommy. Girls night was fun the other night. Can't wait until next month.