Saturday, March 24, 2012

Day Seven

Sunday March 18th, 2012
 
 They started a new IV today, Kase has such thick skin it is a miserable process.
 They are trying to stregthen his lungs because of all the laying down his body is becoming tired and losing its muscle density.

Kase did eat some solids...it was the best pasta ever.


Kase is weak and tired. Still in pain, still vomiting and diarrhea. Earlier in the day he stood up to go the bathroom, passed out and passed a lot of bloody poo.

They talk about a blood transfusion because he has lost a lot of blood. He got 2 bags of blood and 2 bags of plasma this evening and sleeps off and on on throughout the night. I laid in bed with him tonight, tickled his arms and just held him. I am sad he is not himself. He is quiet and sleeping a lot. It seems like its been longer then it should for him to get better. I hope we get to go home tomorrow.

2 comments:

Shannon Kaeding Photography said...

Kellie I am so sorry you, your family and Kase have to go through this! I love that you are documenting it on your blog so I can keep up with what is happening. I am praying for Kase and hope that his little body gets well soon! He is so strong and an amazing big brother. I love all of the pictures with him getting kissed and loves by his baby brother! I ball my eyes out every time I read a blog post so I can not imagine what you are feeling. Stay strong, your a great mom and hope to hear better news soon!

Stephanie said...

I am hoping that little dude gets to go home soon! He has been through so much!