Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Crib Drama....

So I have a very hard time finding furniture that I love or that I am "allowed" to buy because JDawg can make everything for me BUT I when I found this crib I knew it was perfect for sweet little McKai. It just happened to be a $1100 pottery barn crib...dang.

So I found the crib, in perfect shape at Down East home for half the price....yeah still not going to pay that for it...even tho I LOOOOVEd it. I moped about it for a week and tried to figure out if I could put all my birthday money together, I went in today to look at it and moped some more...maybe caress it :) BUT it was gone... I ask the front desk chicka AND

There was another one in the back, even batter news ---tonight was midnight madness and the crib was $350.... ummm yeah that means I am coming back and getting that sucker TONIGHT!
Well it wasn't so simple... I didn't make it to the bank to deposit my money in time today and I had hope I could write a check...money is there just pending ANNOyING! They don't except checks and of course my card wont work..not only does it not work it says please enter a smaller amount bwhahahaha...Yes can you please?

So I call Jdawg and he is short $20...his card doesn't work, so I hang my head and try to walk out of the store vowing I will return for my (yes it is mine now, paid for or not) crib. BUT this is all AFTER they loaded it up. We return back into the store and decide that either I am going to stand out on Telegraph and strip for the money (people would throw things at me and it wouldn't be money...paleeeease naked prego me is quite the site lemme tell you :)) or we try half one on card and half on the other.

Success!!! That worked and I came home at 10 tonight with my 75% off Pottery Barn Crib...I did not however think about how I was going to get the crib from the truck into my house...(Thanks Shell and Bekah for letting me steal your hubby's muscles) It now is sitting in my garage untill Jdawg gets back so he can take it apart and move it into its perfectly perfect location in my room. :) ahhh check one more thing off my list!

SCORE! I am totally doing my happy dance around my house to night!
Check out the awesome crib :)

and the awesome bedding (from Glenna Jean Spa Line) my sweetest friend Jodi gave me :)


I just might have to start collecting those circles that wall is my favorite :)

6 comments:

JC Photography said...

I LOVE the crib!!! Good job girlie! I also love your bedding - I seriously looked at purchasing that same set. You have great taste!

Rachel said...

That crib is awesome! I am so glad you got it and 75% off! Freaking amazing! If I see circles, I am grabbing them for you! :)

Jod Jas Curtis said...

YAY!!! So happy you got it, just sad I wasn't able to share in the fun moments last night!(next time)When you text me I was thinking there was a "Brawl" with you & another customer-haha! Glad it worked out...Looove the circle wall too, almost did it- couldn't find the stuff at the time- but you will looove the bedding, it is FABULOUS :)
loves

Michelle said...

My friend did the CUTTEST puppy dog vinly paw prints in her nursery. HOLY Crap it was so cute. It would totally work with the circles.
The crib is TOTALLY worth all of the crap you went through. It is beautiful.

Unknown said...

When you're done with that crib in a couple years I think I'll be ready to buy it from you for the full purchase price! Maybe 4, you'll need the crib for 4 years right?

That reminds me... I'm pretty sure I owe you $200 for the dining set I got from you that has been in storage since I got it... I'll get right on that.

Unknown said...

Love it!