Friday, June 13, 2008

Angels Landing Hike

Spring always brings a lot of visitors, My lil Sis was in town last week and we got a sitter and went on the angels landing hike. It seriously kicked my trash. Justin kept complaining that I was soooo out of shape and say crap about me being able to hike harder trails in Hawaii-um yeah there is a major difference in elevation! To my defence...I had gone to bed at 3 am every night the last week, I had forgotten to eat all day and yes I haven't been to the gym in over a month so I was very much drained. I made it that is all that matters! Now I don't have to do it again :)

The first 1/3 of the hike from above


When I got to these freakin switch backs I almost turned around!



See I am sooo tired and this isn't even 1/2 way through!This is the back of the mnt you climb up, if you click on the pic you can see the hikers on the trail.
The views were so pretty, I just didn't have a lot of energy to take pictures!


The last 1/3 of the hike is like this, you hold on to a chain and climb. Someone dies every year up here, glad I made it out alive :)Justin tried to convince me to do the nasty up here but I declined! I am not big on outdoor lovin'

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh I'm jealous! I would have freaked out too with those switchbacks.:0!

Jod Jas Curtis said...

Love it Justin- something Jason would want! That hike is a killer- I haven't done it in years, but gorgeous views- that's why people take pictures, so us who are too lazy to hike it anymore can see the beauty :)
luvs

bows and more said...

Looks like fun! Sorry we missed the party! We had company! How are you? call me!

Rachel said...

Now that makes 2 of us that have done it once, never to do it again. I HATED those dang switchbacks. It was hot, my knees hurt, and they just kept going FOREVER!! I am so impressed though because I went after I graduated high school, I hadn't had kids yet...you have had 2 and did it. I don't think I could! Way to go!! You are one tough chica!!

The King Family said...

I can't believe that....scary! Your such a little toughie! I don't think I have a desire to do that after seeing those picts.

JC Photography said...

Way to go tough girl!! I'm impressed at your hiking skills.

Mom of Mix Kids said...

HOLY COW! What a hike. Pretty sweet that you own it.

Unknown said...

Wow, I'm proud of you! I am soooo afraid of heights and I wouldn't make it out alive:)