Monday, December 17, 2007

Clarity...


I was driving home from a session last week and I pulled over to watch this beautiful sunset.... It has been the first time in a long time that I have had time alone to think. I thought of my kids, thought about the guilt I had been feeling and I came to a conclusion. My biggest fear is that my kids will grow up not feeling like I did in my home. I dont want to play the pity card..with all the abuse and crap that went on in my home my Mom didn't/couldn't take the time to show us how she felt. She did her best to keep our family from falling apart and there wasn't much left for hugs and heart to heart talks. So bottom line is all that really matters to me is that my kids grow up knowing that I love them. That is it. SO it doesn't matter that I don't have bake fresh cookies when they come home from school (who does that anymore anyway???), or that I don't come into their class rooms to help like most moms, or that I work way too much...what matters is that I tell my kids everyday that I love them, and how prefect I think they are. What matters is that I hug them, and listen to their stories about what happened today on sponge bob (ugggg) and I let them know how great they are. That is it. Is it that simple? It is to me.

3 comments:

Tracey Kendall said...

okay let me wipe away the tears...
said so perfectly and so very true:)

The King Family said...

I too enjoy those moments alone....so needed sometimes!

Michelle said...

Kellie, you are doing a wonderful job. I feel a lot like you do, especially with #3 on the way. I just want my kids to know that they are important and that I will always love them, no matter what. I think if we can take the good stuff our parents did and improve on some of the other stuff, we will be doing our best.