Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Back to square one with Macie

Im not sure what has changed. I have been more attentive to her. Taking her to things with me, working less. I have kept consistent chore schedules with her, given her time to play. It seems like she has started pushing the boundaries again and I have pushed backed with punishments. She has gone back to yelling, arguing, fighting, whatever she can to cause problems and chaos in our home. I don't get it, don't get her at all. I spend hours at night fighting with her about chores, taken things away, putting her outside for timeout... she will look right at me and "say I don't care. I don't play with that, I don't play with that. You wont ground me, keep me outside for 5 hrs i don't care." I am about to lose it with her. I don't know what else to do.

3 comments:

Necia said...

Hi Kellie - I don't know if you remember me but my name is Necia and you have taken pictures of our family a few times. I was just thinking about you today because I was down in Ancestor square and I saw that you had opened a new studio (or maybe it's been there a while and I just didn't know.) Anyway - I wanted to let you know about a free parenting class that I have been attending down there. It is on Wednesdays from 11:00 - 12:30 and is taught by a licensed Marriage and Family Therapist at the herb shop there in Ancestor Square. Several of the ladies in my neighborhood have been going and it has really made a difference in our families. Just a thought. I think you would find it interesting, but I am sure you will work something out. Don't give up hope!

Jami said...

Hey, Kell...sometimes I fear that I am headed the same way with Anna. She is so incredibly stubborn, and she knows just how to get to me. If you come across anything that works, please let me know. In the mean time, good luck.

Unknown said...

Thanks for your marvelous posting! I actually enjoyed reading it, you will be a great author.I will ensure that I bookmark your blog and will come back in the foreseeable future. I want to encourage that you continue your great job, have a nice weekendBridal lehenga